Getting ready to move into your new home
Moving house can be a stressful ordeal, but by simply putting together a list of things to do before the big move, the whole process can be made a lot easier. Mosaic Mortgages have put together some helpful advice for those on the move!
- Arrange for a removal company to give you a quotation to move your belongings to the new house. Alternatively, you may want to hire a van and do this yourself but ensure you book well in advance, preferably straight after you’ve found the date you are set to move.
- Cancel all regular deliveries, such as newspaper, magazine or milk deliveries.
- Give at least a week’s notice to your telephone/internet provider to stop your subscription from the day you are set to move house. Arrange for a final bill to be sent so that you can get it sorted beforehand.
- Get your mail redirected; you should give notice when doing so, preferably seven days’ notice. It may be worth making a list of all your outgoings, so that you can work down the list and call each company, notifying them of your new address.
- Remember to take final meter readings for gas and electricity on the day you move. Arrange the final bill payment to be sent to your new address. Turn off gas, electricity and water when you leave.
- Finally, drop off the keys to the old property to either your Estate Agent or Landlord.
If you’re moving house, why not browse through our blog for more helpful tips and advice?
If you’re in search of a mortgage, whether it’s a first time buyer mortgage or a bad credit mortgage, Mosaic Mortgages have a range of mortgage products to choose from and can guide you throughout the whole process.